Use the 'Projects' on the right side of the screen to access the various posts.

Feel welcome to leave your comments

My Tech Drawing/Artwork 'Pointillism' 'Sureallism'

Pointillism

All drawings consists of dots done with a .13mm or .18mm dia 'Rotoring' Drafting ink pen.  I have stopped doing these drawings as I don't believe it was doing my eyes any good.


As these drawings are black ink on white paper the best subjects come from subjects having a contrast of light and shadow.  This can be seen in the subjects I have chosen.  Unfortunately my flash photography does not do justice to these drawings.  I will try to get some better photos - watch this space.


This drawing is enlarged from a newspaper advertisment for Ford cars


The next three pictures show a drawing enlarged from a ski magazine add for 'Bolle' sunglasses.  I completed this in about 1983 when I was living by myself in Ranfurly and had not much else to do.  The drawing was worked on for a period of about three years.  Over time the drawing paper has faded from pure white.






This drawing is unframed as it is uncompleted.  It is enlarged from a NZ Ballet company broucher


If you double click and zoom in on the following image you should distinguish the individual dots that make up the image.

The following drawing was started about 1983 & worked on until about 1985.  It has never been framed or put on display as it gives me bad vibes since I worked on it for so long.  It is slowly deteriorating in storage






  Unfortunately the paper is getting a bit deteriorated.

My first effort completed about 1989.  It was an attempt at drawing an image from a flat 2 dimensional playing card image into a lifelike person.



2 comments:

  1. Brent you have a really amazing talent and should do more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoever you are, thankyou....Your comment is much appreciated.

      Delete

Please feel free to add you comments..